LMC Insurance & Risk Management (LMC) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our client's personal information. Title V of the Gramm Leach Bliley Act requires that we disclose how your non-public personal information is collected and with whom LMC can share that information.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you and your family members on in order to place insurance coverage you request; to provide service on your behalf; or to determine your eligibility for additional products or services we offer. We may collect this information from the following sources:
- From applications or other forms you provide, or share with an LMC employee in written or verbal communication
- Transactions with LMC or others, such as policy coverage, premiums and payment history, and claim history
- Third parties such as credit reporting and other agencies who provide information such as credit score, credit history, and motor vehicle reports
- Healthcare insurers or providers, or affiliated entities with which they have shared your medical records and other personal health information
Information We Disclose
LMC may disclose your personal information without your prior approval in the course of our business practices for the following reasons:
- To a third party to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us
- To an insurance company, agent, insurance support organization, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent fraud or criminal activity related to an insurance transaction
- To an insurance company, agent, underwriter, actuary, or claims adjuster to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction
- To a medical care provider to verify coverage or benefits
- To a group insurance policyholder for the purpose of reporting claim experience or conducting an audit
- To an insurance regulatory agency, law enforcement, or other governmental authority to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or to comply with a subpoena
Securing Your Information
LMC maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your information. In addition, our employees are all required to sign an employment agreement that includes a provision regarding the importance of only disclosing client information as necessary in the ordinary course of business.
Please be aware that insurance companies that issue your policies may have additional personal information about you. This notice does not govern their use of that information. Your insurance carrier will issue its own privacy notice.
Notice of Ability to Opt Out
The Gramm Leach Bliley Act allows you the ability to restrict us from sharing your information, other than for reasons that are expressly permitted by law. If you wish to invoke your right to this restriction, please contact our Privacy Officer at 515-244-0166.
LMC reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. LMC further reserves the right to sell or transfer your personal information to another entity that may acquire assets of LMC and agrees to be LMC's successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected.
Questions regarding the policy should be directed in writing to Privacy Officer, LMC Insurance & Risk Management. 4200 University Avenue, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266.